PLEASE NOTE: The engraved I'M SPEAKING bottles of Purpose Rye are not yet available for national shipping. This product is not engraved, but the whiskey is just as delicious.
You make choices with purpose. You believe your actions speak to your values. You know business can be done differently - so do we.
Purpose Rye is a 100 proof, single barrel straight rye expression created for the person who believes that every dollar spent is an investment in the world you want to live in.
The deep char of barrels 1-24 lend Purpose Rye smokey, sweet, cocoa notes on the nose. Deceptively smooth for 100 proof, the palate carries rich resin, black pepper, and baking spice to round out the lengthy finish.
We curated this Rye just before the distillery opened, and decided to run an experiment to inform our own whiskey production process. We split the 100 barrels worth of identical rye (same mash bill, same equipment, same barrel entry proof) into two groups- 24 barrels were aged in DC in Kelvin Cooperage barrels, and 76 were laid down in KY in Independent Stave Company barrels.
5 long years later and we have been amazed by the results. Both aging conditions produced a delicious whiskey, but they are fraternal twins at best! If you want to learn about the impact different barrels and aging conditions have on a whiskey, pick up a bottle from barrels 1-24, and another from barrels 25-100 which will be out in the future.
**PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING**
- The estimated shipping time for alcohol orders is 3-15 business days depending on how close you are to the San Diego, CA area. Orders will be fulfilled and shipped within 2-5 business days after the order is placed, unless one of the conditions below applies.
- Unfortunately, we cannot deliver to any PO Box addresses or the states of Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming. You will not be able to complete your purchase if you are in one of those states. If you complete an alcohol purchase with a PO Box address, you will be contacted to give us a different address to ship to.
- Someone 21 years of age or older MUST be available to sign for any alcohol orders. Packages containing alcohol will not be left on doorsteps and delivery will be attempted 3 times total. We strongly recommend ordering to your place of work if you are typically not home throughout the day.
- WE CAN NOT Ship to a FedEx or Walgreens as they will not accpet packages from other local carriers.
- We DO NOT offer refunds if your alcohol order is returned to us. We feel that 3 attempted deliveries is ample opportunity to take delivery. We are charged an additional $20 for all returned packages that are not delivered after 3 attempts and another $20 if we want to attempt delivery again, so we can not offer refunds on account of this unless you are willing to pay the extra $40 worth of charges. We will of course offer refunds or replacements for any products that are damaged or below satisfaction.